Still debating your spring break plans? Looking for next year’s spring break inspo? Break out of the ordinary and trade in aloe for goggles with a mountain spring break! Located just 75 miles from Denver on 6,500 acres of pristine Rocky Mountain landscape, you and your family will never run out of things to do or memories to make. Need a little more convincing? Read on for our top 5 reasons that spring break in the mountains is simply the best.
- There’s just more to do. From horseback rides and world-class skiing to indulgent spa days and scenic mountain views from the outdoor hot tub, there are endless opportunities to find adventure or repose here at the Ranch and the surrounding area. Check out an extended list of things to do here! From complete relaxation to the ultimate adrenaline rush, we’ve got you covered.
- No full-body sunburns here! How many times has your beach vacation been punctuated by a sunburn so intense you have to take a day or two of hibernation just to recover? We’ve been there a time or two. While it’s important to slather sunscreen on your face up here in the mountains, bundling up for your adventures will surely keep you comfortable and protected from those UV rays.
- Don’t waste a moment! Devil’s Thumb Ranch is less than 2 hours from Denver, and once you arrive, you’ll have all the amenities and comforts at your fingertips to fill your day from sunup to sundown (and beyond).
- Something for the adventurer, the foodie, and the lounger. For the adventurer, our extensive, award-winning trail system allows you to get out on skis, snowshoes, and fat tire bikes. Grab some snow tubes for fun with the whole crew. For the foodie, Ranch House Restaurant is a must-try, featuring the Ranch’s very own Wagyu and seasonal, local ingredients. You’ll definitely want to cozy up around the fireplace at Heck’s for s’mores, drinks, and a hearty meal. For the lounger, you’ll want to dedicate a day to relaxation at our full-service spa, complete with spectacular yoga studio and classes daily. You’ll find countless cozy nooks to curl up with a book, Hallowed Grounds Coffee Shop for a steamy drink, and of course, our year-round outdoor hot tub for a soak with unbeatable views.
- Mountain lodging that can’t be beat. Stay in a private ridgetop cabin for the coziest star-filled nights and peaceful mornings with a steaming of cup coffee. Stay in heart of the action in our lodges with easy access to Heck’s Tavern, Hallowed Grounds Coffee Shop, Ranch House Restaurant, the outdoor pool and hot tub, and more. Plus, you can’t beat an in-room soaking tub and fireplace for a little peace and quiet.
If you need a little help getting started with spring break planning, start with savings on skiing when you book your stay with our packages and specials here!