Now Open to Offer You Wide-Open Spaces & Fresh Mountain Air
Devil’s Thumb Ranch is reopened as of Friday, May 22, 2020
Our team at the Ranch has been hard at work during this time to deep clean our facilities, continue to maintain the beautiful Colorado landscapes of our property, and keep our staff and animals safe and healthy. We look forward to providing you with access to secluded, pristine wilderness and fresh mountain air to restore your body, mind, and spirit.
Available Activities & Amenities
- Complimentary Amenities (lodging guests only): Fitness Center, Game Room, Lawn Games, Movie Theater, Nature Hikes, Petting Zoo, S’mores, Stocked Library, Yoga (outdoors)
- Activities: Air Rifle Biathlon, Archery, Fly Fishing, Hatchet Throwing, Hiking, Mountain Biking, June 1 starts Stand Up Paddleboarding and Zip Line Tours (weather permitting)
- Stables: Horseback Riding, Children’s Pony Rides, Private Wagon Rides
- Weekly Special Events: Beekeeping Experiences, Bird Viewing, Forest Therapy Walks, Private Tours of Rocky Mountain National Park
Precautionary Measures to Ensure Your Stay is Healthy, Relaxing, and Enjoyable
We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness with the following measures as everyday practice and policy to continue to provide a safe and clean environment for our guests and staff. We are complying with all state and local government mandates. Due to these mandates evolving, please be sure to check back here or contact us for timely updates.
Spa, Pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, and Steam Room Temporarily Closed
- Currently, due to county regulations, we do not yet have a confirmed reopening date for the resort spa, pool, jacuzzi, sauna, or steam room. We will make every effort to open these amenities as soon as we can to ensure our guests’ satisfaction as well as safety.
- Guests will be screened for fever when checking in for their stay and for activities using no-contact infrared thermometers
- Guests are required to wear masks while indoors or interacting with staff members. Guests may bring their own masks or masks are available for purchase from the Lobby Gift Shop or Zach’s Mercantile
- Any staff member or guest who has had cold or flu-like symptoms in the past two weeks and/or has been around others who have been sick will not be permitted to visit the Ranch
- All staff will be screened for fever before each shift and will wear appropriate protective gear including masks and gloves and practice appropriate social distancing, hand washing, and sanitizing
- Hand sanitizer stations available for staff and guests
- Enhanced sanitization protocols are implemented throughout the property continually
- Appropriate spacing and signage protocols throughout the property
- Reduced occupancy levels for lodges, dining areas, and activities areas
- No contact payment methods available
- Amenities and activities may be restricted on an evolving basis in the interest of the health and safety of our guests and staff
Activities & Stables
- Advanced reservations are required for all activities. For questions or reservations, please contact Activities (970-726-8231), Stables (970-726-3777), or Concierge (970-726-7000 ext. 716).
- Our trails for hiking and biking are temporarily for in-house lodging guests only
- All activities will be limited to small numbers not exceeding legal gathering limits
- Private activities per family or per small group of friends are encouraged
- All activities are outdoors in the fresh, open-air
- Guests are required to wear masks and keep 6 feet distancing when in a group
- Hands-on staff assistance will be extremely limited, but if necessary (such as helping on/off horses, catching zip liners, etc.) staff will be required to wear masks, gloves, and sanitize between each assistance
- Activities are scheduled with adequate time between groups to avoid meeting in waiting areas
- Guests requested to fill out waivers prior to their activity to reduce the amount of time inside
- Guests encouraged to use the restroom prior to arrival to reduce the use of public restrooms
- All orientations and instructions will be done outside in a distanced manner
- All equipment is thoroughly disinfected after each use
- Hand sanitizer is available before and after activities
- Horses will not be used more than one time per AM and PM session with no less than a 2-hour window in between riders to allow for disinfecting of saddles and reins
- While not mandatory to wear, horseback riding helmets will remain available and continue to be disinfected after each use
- Fly-Fishing Trips are limited to two guests per guide. If fishing off property, guests and guides will use their own vehicles to avoid close proximity. All fishing guides will carry hand sanitizer
- Yoga will be offered outside with 6 feet of spacing between guests and instructor. All parties must wear masks during the session. Guests can bring their own mat if they prefer, or provided mats will be thoroughly disinfected between uses
- Temporarily only available for room delivery or to-go meals from Heck’s Tavern and grab-and-go from Hallowed Grounds Coffee Shop
- Guests are encouraged to call-in orders ahead of time to avoid groups in waiting areas
- All Culinary Staff will wear masks and gloves, while guest-facing Food & Beverage Staff will wear masks
- All dining staff will follow mandatory enhanced sanitization and hygiene protocols
- Thorough inspection of all kitchen sanitizing equipment. All are operational and fully supplied
- Thorough cleaning of high-touch areas including, but not limited to, door handles, light and control switches, faucets, toilets, floors, counters, TV remotes, telephones, push plates, and elevators
- Guest rooms cleaned and sanitized with Clorox hydrogen peroxide disinfectant
- All Housekeeping Staff will wear masks and gloves and follow mandatory enhanced sanitization and hygiene protocols
- Once checked in, turn down and room service are by guest request only to reduce staff entering the room
Plan Your Next Visit
We can’t wait to welcome you back this summer! Begin planning your next mountain getaway with our low rates and Special Packages.
Refund and Cancellation Policies
In the event that stay-at-home governmental legal mandates are extended to include your reservation dates your stay will be 100% refunded.
Corporate bookings and events are being handled on a case-by-case basis to determine the best course of action to meet their needs.
Devil’s Thumb Ranch regrets the inconvenience associated with this unprecedented situation.
For more information please contact our Reservations Team at (970) 726-7000 or our Group Sales Team at (970) 726-3779.