Welcome To Wide-Open Spaces & Fresh Mountain Air
75 Miles West of Denver, but a World Away From Everything.
Precautionary Measures to Ensure Your Stay is Healthy, Relaxing, and Enjoyable
We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness with the following measures as everyday practice and policy to continue to provide a safe and clean environment for our guests and staff. We follow CDC Guidance for mask and social distancing policy related to COVID-19.
All Activities, Heck’s Tavern, Ranch Creek Spa, Special Events, and Lodging Amenities are reserved for overnight guests and The Ranches owners only. Ranch House Restaurant is available to non-lodging guests with advance reservations.
MASK POLICY & CDC GUIDELINES
If you are fully vaccinated, the CDC guidelines state that:
- You may participate in many of the activities that you did before the pandemic; for some of these activities, you may choose to wear a mask.
- Wearing a mask indoors in public helps to maximize protection from the Delta Variant of the virus that causes COVID-19 and helps prevent spreading it to others.
- Wearing a mask indoors in public is most important if you have a weakened immune system or if, because of your age or an underlying medical condition, you are at increased risk for severe disease, or if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is unvaccinated.
If you are not fully vaccinated, CDC guidelines recommend:
- If you are aged 2 or older, you should wear a mask in indoor public places. Devil’s Thumb Ranch highly encourages you to wear a mask indoors If you are not fully vaccinated. If you need a mask, please ask a Guest Services agent where to purchase one.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others who do not live with you.
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. The Ranch provides numerous hand sanitization stations throughout the property.
- Any guest or staff member who has had cold or flu-like symptoms in the past two weeks and/or has been around others who have been sick are not permitted to visit the Ranch.
- All staff members are required to wear masks while indoors and practice appropriate social distancing, hand washing, and sanitizing.
- Enhanced sanitization protocols are implemented throughout the property continually.
ACTIVITIES & STABLES
- Advanced reservations are required for all activities, rental equipment, and lessons.
- For reservations, please fill out an Online Request Form
- Guests are requested to fill out digital liability waivers prior to checking in or participating in any activity.
- All equipment is thoroughly disinfected after each use.
- While not mandatory to wear, horseback riding helmets are available and continue to be disinfected after each use.
- Ranch House Restaurant is available to non-lodging guests with advance reservations.
- Heck’s Tavern is serving lodging guests only. Reservations required for dine-in or call ahead for to-go.
- Hallowed Grounds Coffee Shop is open for lodging guests only for grab-and-go breakfast and lunch.
- All culinary staff wears masks and gloves, while guest-facing service staff wears masks indoors.
- All dining staff follows mandatory enhanced sanitation and hygiene protocols.
- Thorough inspection of all kitchen sanitizing equipment. All are operational and fully supplied.
- Once checked in, room service is by guest request only to reduce staff entering the room.
- Any guest requested items are delivered in a bag placed outside of the guest room to limit contact.
- Guest rooms are cleaned and sanitized with a disinfectant that kills COVID-19 on hard and soft surfaces within one minute.
- Windows are opened to air out rooms in between guest stays.
- Thorough cleaning of high-touch areas including, but not limited to, door handles, light and control switches, faucets, toilets, floors, counters, TV remotes, telephones, push plates, and elevators.
- All housekeeping staff wears masks and gloves and follow mandatory enhanced sanitization and hygiene protocols.
- Laundry follows the same strict cleaning procedures of using bleach, gloves to handle all fabrics, water temperature of at least 160 degrees F, and drying temperature of 220 degrees F.
POOL, HOT TUB, & FITNESS CENTER
- Hot Tub – Reservations Only. Reserve a private 20-minute session with Front Desk or at time of booking your lodging.
- Pool and Fitness Center Hours: 9am-9pm
- Food is permitted and available daily to-go from Hallowed Grounds and Heck’s Tavern.
- No glass is permitted in Pool, Hot Tub, or Fitness Center area.
- Lounge chairs are spaced accordingly with additional lounge chairs on the lawn.
- Guests are asked to place used towels in the bins provided after use.
- Music should be limited to headphones so others can enjoy the space.
- Dogs are not permitted on pool deck. Well-behaved dogs are welcomed on the lawn.
SPA & YOGA
- Spa services are reserved for lodging guests only.
- Appointments must be made in advance. Walk-in reservations cannot be serviced at this time.
- Request an appointment through our Online Request Form.
- Therapists clean and disinfect their treatment room between each guest and at the end of each day, including wiping every surface with barbicide and opening windows for airflow.
- High touch areas including but not limited to door handles, light switches, counters, sinks, faucets, towel warmer, cupboard and drawer handles, and therapist chair are disinfected regularly and at the end of each day.
- Hand sanitizer positioned around the spa.
- Linens, facial towels, cleaning rags, yoga mats, and any other equipment are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each use with proper water temperature and cleaning solutions to kill bacteria.
- Table warmer and radiant heat are used to moderate room temperature. Extra blanket only available upon guest request.
- Maternity treatments only offered to guests in their second or third trimester. Doctor approval strongly recommended. Expecting mothers must request maternity-specific treatments when making their appointment to ensure they are paired with a prenatal therapist.
PLAN YOUR NEXT VISIT
We can’t wait to welcome you back! Begin planning your next mountain getaway by finding your perfect Lodge Room, Cabin, or Private Guest House.
REFUND & CANCELATION POLICIES
In the event that stay-at-home governmental legal mandates are extended to include your reservation dates your stay will be 100% refunded.
Corporate bookings and events are being handled on a case-by-case basis to determine the best course of action to meet their needs.
For more information please contact our Reservations Team at (970) 726-7000 or our Group Sales Team at (970) 726-3779.
MEETING & EVENT PROTOCOLS
- All employees and outside vendors will wear face coverings while indoors.
- We will ensure maximum ventilation by opening windows and minimizing air conditioning to the extent possible.
- Option to break up tables/parties into smaller tables/parties.