Welcome To Wide-Open Spaces & Fresh Mountain Air
75 Miles West of Denver, but a World Away From Everything
Precautionary Measures to Ensure Your Stay is Healthy, Relaxing, and Enjoyable
We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness with the following measures as everyday practice and policy to continue to provide a safe and clean environment for our guests and staff. We follow CDC Guidance for mask and social distancing policy related to Covid-19.
Ranch House Restaurant is open to non-lodging guests with advanced reservations. All Activities, Heck’s Tavern, Ranch Creek Spa, and Lodging Amenities are reserved for overnight guests and The Ranches owners only.
AVAILABLE ACTIVITIES & AMENITIES
- Complimentary Amenities: Fitness Center, Heated Pool, Hot Tub*, Movie Theater, Petting Zoo, S’mores, Stocked Library, Yoga*
- *Activities: Fly Fishing, Zip Lining, Mountain Biking, Archery, Hatchet Throwing, Hiking, Laser Rifle Biathlon, and Game Room (Private Reservations)
- *Spa: Massages, Facials, Soaks, and revitalizing Hand, Feet, and Scalp Treatments
- *Stables: Horseback Trail Rides, Children’s Pony Rides, Wagon Rides, and more
- Also, view our Events Calendar.
- Sauna and Steam Room are temporarily closed
- Lawn Games are temporarily unavailable
- Game Room is available with private reservations
MASKS & GENERAL PROTOCOLS
If you are fully vaccinated, CDC guidelines state that:
- You can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic.
- Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
- Devil’s Thumb Ranch does not require fully vaccinated guests to wear a mask indoors.
- You should still watch out for symptoms of COVID-19, especially if you have been around a sick person. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested and stay isolated at home.
- People who have a condition or are taking medications that weaken the immune system should talk to their healthcare provider to discuss their activities. They may need to keep taking all precautions to prevent COVID-19.
If you are not fully vaccinated, CDC guidelines state that you should:
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
- Devil’s Thumb Ranch highly encourages you to wear a mask indoors if you are not fully vaccinated. If you need a mask, please ask a Guest Services agent where to purchase one.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others who do not live with you.
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to you.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- The Ranch provides numerous hand sanitization stations throughout the property.
- Guests may bring their own masks or masks are available for purchase from the Lobby Gift Shop or Zach’s Mercantile.
- Ziploc bags are available for guests to store their masks when not in use
- Any staff member who has had cold or flu-like symptoms in the past two weeks and/or has been around others who have been sick are not permitted to visit the Ranch
- All staff members are screened for fever before each shift and wear appropriate protective gear including masks while indoors.
- All staff members practice frequent hand washing and sanitizing.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available for staff and guests
- Enhanced sanitization protocols are implemented throughout the property continually
- Amenities and activities may be restricted on an evolving basis in the interest of the health and safety of our guests and staff
ACTIVITIES & STABLES
- Advanced reservations are required for all activities, rental equipment, and lessons
- For reservations, please fill out an Online Request Form
- Staff are required to wear masks while indoors.
- Guests are requested to fill out digital liability waivers prior to checking in or participating in any activity.
- Any staff member who has had cold or flu-like symptoms in the past two weeks and/or has been around others who have been sick are not be permitted to visit the Ranch.
- All staff members are screened for fever before each shift and wear appropriate protective gear including masks while indoors and gloves and practice appropriate social distancing, hand washing, and sanitizing.
- Hand sanitizer stations available for staff and guests.
- Enhanced sanitization protocols are implemented throughout the property continually.
- All equipment is thoroughly disinfected after each use.
- While not mandatory to wear, horseback riding helmets are available and continue to be disinfected after each use.
- Ranch House Restaurant is open to non-lodging guests. Reservations required.
- Heck’s Tavern is serving lodging guests only. Reservations required for dine-in or call ahead for to-go.
- Hallowed Grounds Coffee Shop is open for lodging guests only for grab-and-go breakfast and lunch.
- All culinary staff wears masks and gloves, while guest-facing service staff wears masks.
- All dining staff follows mandatory enhanced sanitation and hygiene protocols.
- Thorough inspection of all kitchen sanitizing equipment. All are operational and fully supplied.
- Thorough cleaning of high-touch areas including, but not limited to, door handles, light and control switches, faucets, toilets, floors, counters, TV remotes, telephones, push plates, and elevators.
- Guest rooms cleaned and sanitized with disinfectant that kills COVID-19 on hard and soft surfaces within one minute.
- Windows are opened to air out rooms in between guest stays.
- All housekeeping staff wears masks and gloves and follow mandatory enhanced sanitization and hygiene protocols.
- Once checked in, turn down and room service are by guest request only to reduce staff entering the room.
- Any guest requested items are delivered in a bag placed outside of the guest room to limit contact.
- Laundry follows the same strict cleaning procedures of using bleach, gloves to handle all fabrics, water temperature of at least 160 degrees F, and drying temperature of 220 degrees F.
POOL, HOT TUB, & FITNESS CENTER
- Hot Tub – Reservations Only. Reserve a private 20-minute session with Front Desk or at time of booking your lodging.
- Pool and Fitness Center Hours: 9am-9pm
- Food is permitted and available daily to-go from Hallowed Grounds and Heck’s Tavern.
- No glass is permitted in Pool, Hot Tub, or Fitness Center area.
- Lounge chairs are spaced accordingly with additional lounge chairs on the lawn.
- Guests are asked to place used towels in the bins provided after use.
- Music should be limited to headphones so others can enjoy the space.
- Sauna and Steam Room are temporarily closed.
- Dogs are not permitted on pool deck. Well behaved dogs are welcomed on the lawn.
SPA & YOGA
- Spa services are reserved for lodging guests only.
- Appointments must be made in advance. Walk-in reservations cannot be serviced at this time
- Request an appointment through our Online Request Form.
- Robes are only be provided to guests receiving the Bliss or Road to Wellness packages or have reserved the hot tub. Guests are welcome to arrive in robes from their guestroom.
- Therapists clean and disinfect their treatment room between each guest and at the end of each day, including wiping every surface with barbicide and opening windows for airflow.
- High touch areas including but not limited to door handles, light switches, counters, sinks, faucets, towel warmer, cupboard and drawer handles, and therapist chair are disinfected regularly and at the end of each day.
- Hand sanitizer positioned around the spa.
- Linens, facial towels, cleaning rags, yoga mats, and any other equipment are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each use with proper water temperature and cleaning solutions to kill bacteria.
- Table warmer and radiant heat are used to moderate room temperature. Extra blanket only available upon guest request.
- Maternity treatments only offered to guests in their second or third trimester. Doctor approval strongly recommended. Expecting mothers must request maternity-specific treatments when making their appointment to ensure they are paired with a prenatal therapist.
- Sauna, Steam Room, and Locker Rooms are Temporarily Closed.
PLAN YOUR NEXT VISIT
We can’t wait to welcome you back! Begin planning your next mountain getaway by finding your perfect Lodge Room, Cabin, or Private Guest House.
REFUND & CANCELATION POLICIES
In the event that stay-at-home governmental legal mandates are extended to include your reservation dates your stay will be 100% refunded.
Corporate bookings and events are being handled on a case-by-case basis to determine the best course of action to meet their needs.
For more information please contact our Reservations Team at (970) 726-7000 or our Group Sales Team at (970) 726-3779.
MEETING & EVENT PROTOCOLS
- All employees and outside vendors will wear face coverings while indoors.
- We will ensure maximum ventilation by opening windows and minimizing air conditioning to the extent possible.
- No passed food items, self-service stations, or buffets.
- Option to break up tables/parties into smaller tables/parties.