May 23, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
One event on June 13, 2020 at 9:00am
One event on June 27, 2020 at 9:00am
One event on July 11, 2020 at 9:00am
One event on July 25, 2020 at 9:00am
One event on August 8, 2020 at 9:00am
Clinic, Activities, Birding
- This event has passed.
*All activities and special events are currently reserved for lodging guests only.
Join Scott Rashid, Director of the Colorado Avian Research and Rehabilitation Institute (CARRI) on a leisurely bird walk along the grounds of the Ranch. As you walk, Scott will identify the birds by sight and by sound, and teach you about the types of birds seen on the property. This is for both the novice and the more advanced birder.
Dates: May 23, June 13 & 27, July 11 & 25, August 8
Cost: Complimentary for Lodging guests
FOR MORE INFORMATION & TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Call our Activities Team at (970) 726-8231
The Mission of the Colorado Avian Research and Rehabilitation Institute (CARRI):
- To study the ecology of birds within the Estes Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park, with a special emphasis on hawks and owls. As the institute grows the research will expand throughout the state of Colorado.
- To provide information about the species’ natural history, abundance, survival, and breeding success.
- To educate and inspire the public about avian conservation by assisting them in making informed, conservation-minded decisions.
- To share findings with the scientific community and local government agencies and provide tools to them for stewardship.
- To focus on the rehabilitation of injured and orphaned wild birds by nurturing and caring for their needs, while retaining their wild instincts enabling them to be released back into the wild and remain a part of the viable wild population.